One of my favorite things to make for a special occasion is a charcuterie board, and the star of the board is definitely the baked brie cheese! There are a few things I like to include in my charcuterie boards, including a few different kinds of crackers, a sliced baguette, meats like salmi or prosciutto, fruit, jams, and a variety of cheeses. I was able to find everything I needed to create this board from Walmart.
Walmart also has a great selection of affordable wood and cheese boards to create a charcuterie board!
The second part of creating a great charcuterie board is making it visually pleasing! By balancing out the different foods around a board in groupings you can create a delicious and beautiful appetizer! I start my boards with the baked brie in the center and built around it with the other ingredients.
- Brie Cheese
- Puff Pastry
- Brown Sugar
- Strawberry Jam
- Maple Syrup
- Pre-heat the over to 350 F
- Slice the top off the brie (optional but it will help the puff pastry stick to the cheese)
- Place the brie on top of the puff pastry. Spread the jam on top of the brie and fold the dough over it
- Sprinkle the top of the dough with brown sugar and maple syrup
- Bake at 35oF for 30 minutes.
Let cool for 5-10 minuites before serving. Place in the center of your charcuterie board and add fruit, crackers, meats, jams and other cheeses to finish builded your board!
Click the link below to see everything I used from Walmart to make our family’s favorite Charcuterie board and baked brie!
-Grey Birch Designs-