With the holidays around the corner, one of my favorite things to make in the kitchen is a charcuterie board. There are so many different varieties but my favorite is the traditional cheese and meat board. Before I head off to the market, I like to make a list of everything I need. My Samsung refrigerator has a super cool voice controlled assistant called Bixby that makes things really easy. I say “Hey Bixby, add Brie cheese to my grocery list” and it does the rest. Then I can quickly send the list to my phone and head out the door. On the off chance I forget to send the list, I can view the inside of my refrigerator from my phone at the market. Pretty cool!
When I build a charcuterie board I like to include fruit, crackers, meats such as prosciutto and salami, and a variety of cheese. My favorite is baked brie. For my baked brie recipe you’ll need:
- One sheet of puff pastry dough
- One round brie cheese
- 2 table spoons strawberry jam
- 1 table spoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Pre-heat the over to 350 F
- Slice the top off the brie (optional but it will help the puff pastry stick to the cheese)
- Place the brie on top of the puff pastry. Spread the jam on top of the brie and fold the dough over it
- Sprinkle the top of the dough with brown sugar and maple syrup
- Bake at 35oF for 30 minutes.
Let cool for 5-10 minuites before serving. Place in the center of your charcuterie board and add fruit, crackers, meats, jams and other cheeses to finish builded your board!
This recipe is delicious! I have a lot of fun making these charcuterie boards with my family and awesome appliances like my Samsung refrigerator make it stress free! To read more on some of the awesome kid friendly features our Samsung Family Hub Refrigerator has to offer check out my blog post here
-Grey Birch Designs-